Edgenuity Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Building Virtual Relationships

• 1.  Building Virtual Relationships

Completed Profile
    Posted 18 days ago
    Check out this video from edweek.org. It provides some insight on how some teachers are creating relationships with their students remotely. Is there a take-away for you from the video?

------------------------------
    Amber Woodward
    Edgenuity

• 2.  RE: Building Virtual Relationships

Completed Profile
    Posted 16 days ago
    Neat points! I really like the comment about students not being the same online as she knew them in class. I'm finding that as well, and feel very privileged to be virtually invited/able to go into the homes of my students. Also, the benefits of teacher-created materials and "voice" are important to keep kids engaged and moving forward in their studies.

Victor Leister
    Havasupai ES
    Grand Canyon

Victor Leister

• 3.  RE: Building Virtual Relationships

Completed Profile
    Posted 6 days ago
    I think it is great how you say "privileged to be virtually invited/able to go into the homes of my students." You are able to see what their life is like outside of school. Something that most educators, pre-pandemic had little chance of doing. Is there any change in particular you are seeing from your students? 

Amber Woodward
    Edgenuity

• 4.  RE: Building Virtual Relationships

Completed Profile
    Posted 23 hours ago
    Are you finding it more difficult to connect with students? I feel like some students I interact with online are more chatty than usual, while others never want to go off of mute. How do you get them to open up?

Emily Kirk
    Customer Engagement Manager
    Edgenuity Inc