Edgenuity Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Classroom Tips for Fighting Zoom Fatigue

• 1.  Classroom Tips for Fighting Zoom Fatigue

Posted 15 days ago
    Learn how to prevent and address Zoom fatigue and combat other social and emotional learning issues in your virtual classroom. 

A great suggestion from the article that really resonates with me is to "Create visually stimulating lessons". One of my coworker's updates their Zoom background for every team meeting to different concerts! As a fellow concert-goer (when they existed!) it's a great conversation starter and makes me excited to hear from them in meetings and I feel more comfortable talking to them.

What have you been doing to "spice up" your Zoom meetings?

------------------------------
    Ayla Hargrove
    Edgenuity Community Manager
    https://www.edgenuity.com/

• 2.  RE: Classroom Tips for Fighting Zoom Fatigue

Posted 12 days ago
    I think it helps when Zoom meetings involve an activity that does not relate to "work".  Here are some ideas....Play a game (Bingo is great and you can even send the "prize" in the mail),  watch videos (one of the best meetings I was involved in, everyone had to show their favorite cat/do video),  show and tell (one of my co-workers showed us how to make espresso without the fancy machines, this was a big hit).  Share the best shows on Netflix. Celebrate holidays, St Patrick Day is coming up, have fun with that, dress up, etc.  These ideas can be for students or adult meetings. Just think "FUN" not work.

Marcelle McGhee
    Berks County Intermediate Unit