Edgenuity Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Best Thing to do for Snow Days?

• 1.  Best Thing to do for Snow Days?

Posted 28 days ago
    What's the best way to put in "snow days" for virtual kiddos on Edgenuity without messing up the pacing for assignments? When face-to-face students are out of school, we want virtual kids to be out of school as well. I've found that it's stressful for kids when assignments are rearranged from days being taken out (giving them "overdue" assignments) though.

Thanks for the help & feedback!

------------------------------
    Holly Barks
    Arcadia Valley R-II School District

• 2.  RE: Best Thing to do for Snow Days?

Posted 28 days ago
    Good morning,
    These quickest, easiest fix for this is to add the "snow days" to the "target date." Basically, extending the target/end date for the amount of days that were counted as snow days. IE: original target date 5/21/21 changed to 5/23/21 if there were 2 snow days to account for.
    Hope this helps.

LogoLogo
    Maria Cuzzocreo, M.Ed.
    Director of Instruction
    T: (480) 689-5999 Ext 018 | M: (623) 882-6353
    E: maria@iwantmydiploma.com | www.iwantmydiploma.com
    1440 S Clearview Ave #104 | Mesa, AZ 85209
    Facebook icon LinkedIn icon Twitter icon Youtbue icon Instagram icon
    Grad Solutions Icon SmartSchoolsUSA Icon LumosArts Icon StudentsFirst Icon

• 3.  RE: Best Thing to do for Snow Days?

Posted 28 days ago
    If there are snow days, any of those days get added to the calendar at the end for ALL students.  I do not think that any random day can just be removed from the middle of the calendar without messing things up.  Unfortunately, kids 100% remote will still be responsible for the work.

• 4.  RE: Best Thing to do for Snow Days?

Posted 28 days ago
    So would it be okay to, like Maria said, add 2 days to the target date if there were 2 snow days.. then could I take out the snow days on the district calendar so assignments don't show up for students to complete for the day? Will this still rearrange the assignments exactly like it was before I extended the target date and took out the snow days?

Again, thank you all for your help!

Holly Barks
    Arcadia Valley R-II School District

• 5.  RE: Best Thing to do for Snow Days?

Posted 28 days ago
    If you add days to the end, it appears that they are making progress and improves their grades. If you block a random day off in the middle, it will push all the assignments due on that day into A) the day before or B) the day after.  It's got to go somewhere!  Unless you are going into each student individually and blocking that days' content.

--
    Christine Murphy
    Pembroke High School Librarian
    District Liaison for Edgenuity
    781-293-1252