Edgenuity Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Wengage gradebook

• 1.  Wengage gradebook

Posted 26 days ago
    Hello,

First time poster, so please treat me kindly. I've been struggling with the grades and figuring out how to get the grades from Edgenuity put into our gradebook program, Wengage, and I was wondering if anyone else already waded through this murky issue and could point a poor Facilitator in the right direction.

Thanks so much.

------------------------------
    Steven Coen
    Guymon Public Schools
    steven.coen@guymontigers.com

• 2.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 23 days ago

For us, since Edgenuity progress for a student does not translate into the 6-week progress that our gradebook is set up on- we don't do grades in our system.  We assign an "Edgenuity" class that is non-graded in our PEIMS system and when a student finished a course we create a Certificate of Completion with proof from the Edgenuity progress report attached and the coordinator enters the credit on the transcript at that time.

Every Pirate. Every Day!

Diane Wilson, Ed.S

La Vega ISD ~ Success Academy

901 Maxfield

Waco, Texas  76705

(254)299-6752

(254)265-3350

• 3.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 22 days ago
    For us I set up snapshots on the Group Progress Overview page for grading dates. Whatever the student's actual grade is on that date, that's their grade.

Pam Lauderdale
    Whitehouse ISD

• 4.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 22 days ago
    If a student drops into our program for six weeks, for example, and then comes back to school, what is the truest reflection of his or her grade?  We look back at archived classes to get the actual grade but isn't that false?  Don't we need to put in a student target date as the day the student stopped working in the class? If a student left the class in November, but the target date was left as February 1st, would the actual grade be a reflection of work expected for a lot longer period of time?

--
    Christine Murphy
    Pembroke High School Librarian
    District Liaison for Edgenuity
    781-293-1252

• 5.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 23 days ago
    Why do we not mark classes complete if they are less than 100 percent complete? I still don't understand what the difference is between complete and disabled?

--
    Christine Murphy
    Pembroke High School Librarian
    District Liaison for Edgenuity
    781-293-1252

• 6.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 23 days ago

For us, disabled (and we require a reason to be typed) is a dropped class (for whatever reason), student moved, student taking in regular setting, wrong section assigned, wrong course assigned, etc...

A completed class is a course that has been 100% completed.

We actually compile data on completed courses, so for us it is important that we code correctly.  

Every Pirate. Every Day!

Diane Wilson, Ed.S

La Vega ISD ~ Success Academy

901 Maxfield

Waco, Texas  76705

(254)299-6752

(254)265-3350

• 7.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 23 days ago
    Hi,
    In my program, a student has to complete a course to receive the credit. A course has to be at 100% to be added to a transcript. The only reason for marking a course "disabled" is if the student was w/d while in progress of completing a course. Disabling a course tells me that the student did not meet/master all of the content/standards for that particular course/requirement.
    Hope this helps with clarity. 

LogoLogo
    Maria Cuzzocreo, M.Ed.
    Director of Instruction
    T: (480) 689-5999 Ext 018 | M: (623) 882-6353
    E: maria@iwantmydiploma.com | www.iwantmydiploma.com
    1440 S Clearview Ave #104 | Mesa, AZ 85209
    Facebook icon LinkedIn icon Twitter icon Youtbue icon Instagram icon
    Grad Solutions Icon SmartSchoolsUSA Icon LumosArts Icon StudentsFirst Icon

• 8.  RE: Wengage gradebook

Posted 19 days ago
    All --

The way we currently handle it is by manually "forcing" the grade at the end of the semester, but there is increasing pressure to put in weekly, if not daily grades, into this program, and I'm frankly a struggling techie trying to figure this out.

Steven Coen
    Guymon Public Schools
    steven.coen@guymontigers.com