Edgenuity Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Courseware Data Course: Success Goals

• 1.  Courseware Data Course: Success Goals

Posted 01-26-2021 14:26
    Share some success goals you use to ensure and increase student engagement, progress, and achievement in your classroom.  What type of data routine do you use to monitor and track these goals, and how has it proved to be effective?

------------------------------
    Jessica Fraelich,
    Edgenuity

• 2.  RE: Courseware Data Course: Success Goals

Posted 01-30-2021 16:23
    My favorite routine when looking at success goals is to continue to motivate the student to invest their time in actively learning as opposed to trying to "complete" assignments as fast as possible.   The main data point for this is "active time", and I love to use the "active time" metric to show just how efficient the student can be when they are really intentional with their learning.

Justin Behrman
    Boone/Winnebago Regional Office of Education #4

• 3.  RE: Courseware Data Course: Success Goals

Posted 01-31-2021 08:42
    Yes, Justin, active time is definitely a BUZZ word in my program. I used that metric to dig in to students' time spent in a course. If the student has pretesting and the active time is minimal, then you can be sure that the student is not being honest (cheating) through the course and not engaged in the content. 
    Locking the final exam, proctoring the final exam and increasing the weight of the final exam has put a stop to this in my program of over 2000 students. 

��

LogoLogo
    Maria Cuzzocreo, M.Ed.
    Director of Instruction
    T: (480) 689-5999 Ext 018 | M: (623) 882-6353
    E: maria@iwantmydiploma.com | www.iwantmydiploma.com
    1440 S Clearview Ave #104 | Mesa, AZ 85209
    Facebook icon LinkedIn icon Twitter icon Youtbue icon Instagram icon
    Grad Solutions Icon SmartSchoolsUSA Icon LumosArts Icon StudentsFirst Icon