Edgenuity Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Progress Reports

• 1.  Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:01
    Is there a way to email the progress report from Edgenuity?  Also the session log would be something I would like to be able to attach to an email. 

--
    Beverly Kimball
    Learning Lab Instructor
    Chesaning Union School

• 2.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:17
    Yes, Beverly. You have to have the permission to Edit Students under Student Accounts. There are several ways, but when you have the student's name on the orange tab, hover on the orange and click the first information screen that shows. This gives you their username and other info. Scroll down to Add Parent/Guardian. If you have the correct permission, you can add the parents' names and emails and choose Email Progress Report. You can do it weekly, daily, or monthly. I do it weekly for most, but daily if the student is doing a very short course for grade repair.

------------------------------
    Tammy Daniel
    Coordinator Of Online Learning
    Birdville ISD
    TX

• 3.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:27
    I have it set up this way as well.  I am wondering - do parents have to register for the parent portal in order for the progress reports to be automatically emailed to them?  I just never hear back from parents so I wonder if they are actually getting the reports.

Diane Wilson
    La Vega ISD - Success Academy

• 4.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:32
    No, they do not have to register for the parent portal for automatic progress reports. If they do use the family portal, they can see more information like the session log. Otherwise, you would have to download the session log, save it as a PDF, and email it to them separately.

Tammy Daniel
    Birdville ISD
    TX

• 5.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:35
    Thank you!!!!

Diane Wilson
    La Vega ISD - Success Academy

• 6.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:45
    Is it possible to view what the parents receive in their daily or weekly messages?  I would just like to be able to identify with exactly what they are seeing.  just curious.  If anyone has a screenshot with a name blocked out, this would be most helpful. Thank you!

Wayne Graydon

• 7.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:50
    Here you go.
    Sample progress report

Tammy Daniel
    Birdville ISD
    TX

• 8.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 23 days ago
    Edited by Tammy Daniel 23 days ago
    See if this is viewable. I'll try to insert a larger picture.
    Sample progress report for parents

Tammy Daniel
    Birdville ISD
    TX

• 9.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 5 days ago
    You can also add yourself as a parent to a student and sign up for daily emails, so you see exactly what and when parents get these emails. I find that it comes at random times.
    And the one thing my parents complain about is the progress report data shows a student behind if they hadn't done that day's work when the report is generated, even if it's generated at 3:00 AM.
    So a child goes to sleep completely perfectly on progress, but the progress report Mom gets the next morning doesn't reflect that.

stephanie reilly
    fox chapel area school district

• 10.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 5 days ago

I have all of my parents set up to receive weekly or monthly reports (most are weekly) and I have seen the report.  I wish that it provided more detailed information.  I like that Edgenuity offers it – but I think it could be improved upon.

Every Pirate. Every Day!

Diane Wilson, Ed.S

La Vega ISD ~ Success Academy

901 Maxfield

Waco, Texas  76705

(254)299-6752

(254)265-3350

• 11.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 5 days ago
    The progress report has to reflect that the work is not completed yet.  The hours have passed, and the clock is ticking.  Once the day's work is done, they are back on target.

--
    Christine Murphy
    Pembroke High School Librarian
    District Liaison for Edgenuity
    781-293-1252

• 12.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 5 days ago
    It just seems to me that if a child goes to sleep 100% on target, a report that is generated at 3:00AM should reflect that.
    Maybe the reports should be generated at 11:59PM, reflecting the END of the day.

Edgenuity has told me that they do this to "motivate" students to get caught up, but they went to bed caught up.

stephanie reilly
    fox chapel area school district

• 13.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:36
      |   view attached
    Beverly,

As to the session log, you can email it by downloading it as a PDF and attaching it to an email, but the automatic report won't include that. If they want to use the Family Portal, you can set that up in the same place as the automatic progress report. I send parents the attached  instruction form when I share their code.

Tammy Daniel
    Birdville ISD
    TX

Attachment(s)

• 14.  RE: Progress Reports

Posted 01-27-2021 08:51
    Thank you so much.  That will save me time.  I have been downloading and saving both as pdf's and sending but if I can do the progress report faster that will help.

Beverly Kimball